Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are currently looking for motivated Labourers to join the team. Based out of Calgary and reporting to the Plant Manager the labourer position is responsible for shipping, receiving, delivering supplies, materials, and equipment; maintaining inventory control and required documents and records, maintaining cleanliness of the facility, and performing other labourer duties as required. Day and night shift available.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fabrication environment
- Warehouse experience preferably in a shipping/receiving
- 1 year forklift experience required, certification is an asset
- Overhead crane & rigging experience required
- Basic computer skills required
- Functional pre-employment required
- Must be able to lift 110lbs (Successful completion of pre-employment functional required)
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ship and receive all material in a timely manner
- Loading & off-loading of trailers
- Prioritize workload to meet daily functionality of the company
- Prepare shipping labels
- Maintain & organize the warehouse/yard
- Cleaning of warehouse as required
- Managing the tool crib by tracking outgoing tools and inspecting and logging incoming tools
- Reporting tool discrepancies and/or damage to management when encountered
- Helping trades people
- Buffing steel
- General labour duties as assigned
- Garbage disposal
- Other duties as assigned
Please apply directly or forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to Careers@startec.ca
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.