Apply Online:Get started on your new career, the first step is to provide us with your name and email below.
Compression & Process
Startec Compression & Process Solutions is a thriving privately owned company headquartered in Calgary that produces custom mission critical compression and refrigeration systems for a variety of industries. Startec devotes their industry leading expertise in refrigeration & compression technologies to solve their clients’ most technically challenging needs. We create reliable solutions for extreme operating conditions and provide exceptional service, which is a cornerstone of our business.
We are looking for an experienced Estimator to join our Applications team. The Estimator position works closely with the Applications team and is responsible for preparing cost estimates, analyzing proposals and job requirements for various Compression & Process projects.
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Certificate is required
- Consideration will be given to applicants with a combination of equivalent qualifications and experience. A minimum of 3 years estimating experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review and present cost and other project controls materials
- Strong knowledge of MS Office with advanced level knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong understanding of steel pricing, welding and hours estimates
- Oil and Gas experience preferably in design, manufacturing and packaging.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- VBA programming skills
- General understanding of vessel design
- General knowledge of Refrigeration Stabilizers, fractionation, Amine Sweetening, Dehydration, Compression selection and its peripheral equipment (coolers, vessels, exchangers, pumps, lines, etc)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Working knowledge and understanding of P&ID’s
- Develop pricing data for project cost estimates in coordination with the applications team and project engineers
- Conduct and oversee the costing of proposed equipment including valve/instrumentation counts and man hour estimates
- Implement performance measurement systems and analyzes results, and identify improvements
- Compose technical proposals utilizing Microsoft Windows-based tools
- Assist in the continuous development and maintenance of the quoting tools and procedures
We offer competitive wages, training, flexibility and a dynamic and exciting work environment. Please forward your resume, quoting the job title above, in confidence to email@example.com
It is mandatory for all applicants to complete the Pro.file People Survey below when submitting their application. Please proceed using the link below:
We thank you for your application and interest in our organization. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.